Wednesday, 26 March 2008
It's been awhile since AW last looked at how the Internet was being used by COG sects and ministries. The following "top ten" list is based on Alexa rankings earlier this week.
1. Ronnie Weinland's the-end.com. Depressing! This guy's temporary "success" is like rat poison for the less screwy COGs. Ranked in the 108k band. If that sounds low, consider that the Southern Baptist official website only manages 283k!
2. I think I'm getting a headache. In at 119k is the Pack cult (thercg.org)
3. Okay, so there aren't too many GN fans here, but in this company the GN is positively balanced and rational: 127k.
4. In at 138k, it's Joe & Co: wcg.org
5. Grab a barf bag. Pack takes out no. 5 with his realtruth website. 141k.
6. The numerically biggest COG group - ucg.org manages to rank in the 160k band
7. A round of applause for amateur night: biblestudy.org (222k)
8. Gerry Flurry's trumpet toots in at 248k, just inside the top quarter million.
9. Hulme's vision.org - 252k.
10. Spanky and the team in Charlotte bring up the caboose at 342k with tomorrowsworld, slightly ahead of UCG's beyondtoday (358k) but well behind those Southern Baptists!
Of course, Alexa's rankings are based on a sample... and the lower they go the more subject to error. But for the top ten above the indicators are probably right on the money. You can check out your favorite/least favorite site's current status for yourself here.