What can you possibly say about the fact that COGdom's best known naturopath has written a book on prophecy? It's titled 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect.
Yes, Bob Thiel has leapt into the prophetic quagmire, and Mickey "Flip Flop" Germano has certified that it is "captivating" and "valuable."
If it's up to Bob's usual standards, you too, gentle reader, can hunt for a thousand grammatical infelicities and turn up the lights on ten thousand typos.
Unless, of course, Bob got someone competent to do the proof reading...
But then - let's be upfront about it - I'm not exactly unbiased, so, to be scrupulously fair to Bob, here (unedited) is the full product description on Amazon.
Thousands of years of writing are thought to predict world changing events. 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect unveils the truth behind the prophecies and shows which predictions are true and which are false.
It uniquely ties Mayan writings with sources that have never before been tied together to prove the inevitable events of the next decade. 2012 and the Rise of Secret Sect includes Talmudic interpretations, Catholic prophecies, Hindu predictions, Islamic interpretations, Buddhist prophecies, Hopi traditions, the I Ching, Orthodox prophecies, the Bible, New Age hopes, Nostradamus, ancient Chinese prophecies, the opinions of scientists, and even prophecies related to Barack Obama.
YOUR LIFE WILL BE AFFECTED BY ANCIENT WRITINGS
Is it possible that prophecies made thousands of years ago can predict present-day events? Shockingly, yes. In 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect, author Bob Thiel PhD unveils which predictions are likely to come to pass, which ones cannot come to pass, and how the whole world will be affected. Dr. Thiel's years of dedicated research unmasks the actual sources and likely order of the fulfillment of ancient prophecies, including:
* The centuries old Shiite prophecy that tells of a time when a tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West and will be commanding the strongest army on earth. This power change is to signal Muslims to accept a militaristic Muslim leader intent on converting the world to Islam. Some claim that U.S. President Barack Obama is that tall black man.
* Many Catholic prophets claim that God will cause civil unrest in Europe and lead to the rise of an ecumenical military leader who will change the Catholic faith and destroy the English and the Muslims.
* The annihilation of national powers who incur great debt. Prophecies claim that they will be destroyed by their creditors who suddenly rise against them.
* What are thedoomday prophecies of the Apocalypse?
* The Buddhist, Hindu, New Age, and Christian search for an age of peace to come. Some predictions suggest supporting a militaristic ecumenical religion that will force people to convert or die. Will a false age of peace precede the real coming one?
* The increased sunspot activity that will result in great heat, devastation, and climate change sometime during the next decade.
* A small group, known prophetically as the secret sect, will rise up and explain what is really happening and then be rendered almost inconsequential through a persecuting and murderous ecumenical military leader.
Many people have opinions about 2012, what is happening in society, and how world peace will be obtained. 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect documents what will and will not happen and in what sequence. It shows what prophecy reveals. If you place any value in your future, you need to know what is in this book.
The book challenges all readers, even those with little interest in end-time predictions, to decide which predictions to support and which predictions to ignore. Believer or not, 2012 and the Rise of the Secret Sect will persuade readers to know some of what billions of people expect to happen, as well as what predictions many will try to make come true. And those that will come to pass.
Doctor Thiel's years of dedicated research?
And well one might ask what are the "thedoomday prophecies of the Apocalypse?" (Bob can consider that bit of volunteer proof reading free.)
Yes folks, it's a dash of Dankenbring, a mugful of Meredith, and a capful of Coulter, shaken lightly and poured over ice, then topped with a generous drizzle of dilettantism. Plonk in an organic olive, one of those cute little parasols and - Bob's your uncle.
(Oh, by the way, the publisher, Nazarene Books, seems to be an entity run by Dr Bob.)