Saturday, 30 December 2006
Predictions for 2007
The inimitable Douglas Becker (that's not him in the picture) has suggested some predictions for 2007. Sounds like fun. Here are a few to get the ball rolling - feel free to chip in with your own!
Disclaimer: No crystal ball has been used, no apocalyptic texts twisted, no astrological charts checked, no witch of Endor consulted and no dice tossed.
* At least one major split will occur in one of the 5 biggest COG groups.
* One of the smaller splinters will quietly fold up and die.
* More of the Armstrong-generation "leading ministers" and administrators will shuffle off the scene.
* Joe Tkach will retain his unelected President for Life position in the WCG.
* COG membership will continue to decline.
* People will die because of the healing doctrine in hardline sects like PCG.
* WCG will resist any calls for greater transparency.
* RCG's website rankings will slip down the greasy poll to a more realistic level.
* Gerry Flurry will discover a new truth.
* The advertising content of The Journal will get even crazier.
* Rod Meredith will call a day of fasting.
* Ron Weinland will start qualifying and backtracking as he realises that he's painted himself into a date-setting corner.
* Nobody will flee to Petra.