One of the highlights of any serious COGwatcher's month is the release of the latest Journal. Frankly, I can't imagine how anyone could keep up the state of play in the wider church community without it.
The June 30 issue is now out - or at the very least in the post. Included this month:
* Details on Ron Dart's new Holy day book, The Thread. Some of us once hung on every word that Ron delivered from his Tyler CGI pulpit, and he is a masterful public speaker. But author? Ron sounds much better, in my experience, than the content justifies. But you can punch the details into Amazon if you're still curious. I think I'll pass.
* Somebody called Jeff Maehr has written an article all about conspiracy, world government and "Israel's birthright." Keep a strong paper bag handy if you decide to read this one.
* Steve Collins has written a piece on not playing inter-COG one-upmanship. At least, that seems to be the thrust of his argument. Hey, fair is fair, the guy has a real point - unlike his stuff on BI. But be warned, the article is dripping with End Time prognostication.
* Then there's an article by Norm Edwards promoting COG7's Spring Vale Academy, "the only Sabbatarian boarding high school in the U.S.A. not affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventists."
* The passing of Richard Nickels and Rob Elliot are noted in the Notes & Quotes section.
You can get subscription info from www.thejournal.org, and you can download the front and back pages at www.thejournal.org/issues/issue111/jf063006.pdf