One of the highlights of any serious COGwatcher's month is the release of the latest Journal. Frankly, I can't imagine how anyone could keep up the state of play in the wider church community without it.
The June 30 issue is now out - or at the very least in the post. Included this month:
* Details on Ron Dart's new Holy day book, The Thread. Some of us once hung on every word that Ron delivered from his Tyler CGI pulpit, and he is a masterful public speaker. But author? Ron sounds much better, in my experience, than the content justifies. But you can punch the details into Amazon if you're still curious. I think I'll pass.
* Somebody called Jeff Maehr has written an article all about conspiracy, world government and "Israel's birthright." Keep a strong paper bag handy if you decide to read this one.
* Steve Collins has written a piece on not playing inter-COG one-upmanship. At least, that seems to be the thrust of his argument. Hey, fair is fair, the guy has a real point - unlike his stuff on BI. But be warned, the article is dripping with End Time prognostication.
* Then there's an article by Norm Edwards promoting COG7's Spring Vale Academy, "the only Sabbatarian boarding high school in the U.S.A. not affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventists."
* The passing of Richard Nickels and Rob Elliot are noted in the Notes & Quotes section.
You can get subscription info from www.thejournal.org, and you can download the front and back pages at www.thejournal.org/issues/issue111/jf063006.pdf
Ah yes "The Journal." All the news that's fit to print from the insane assylum known as Armstrongism.
Parents try to control their college age kids to keep them in "armstrongism."
Parents see the kids rebelling against the religion of "armstrongism."
Parents see the kids making choices of drugs and illicit sex rather than the religion of “armstrongism.” The children rebel.
Parents learn that the kids reject their rigid, legalistic, and mind controlling religion and wonder why the children rebel!
The church kids reject a religion that embraces raciest views. Unlike their parents, the “new generation” embraces equality with all races!
Church kids reject:
A religion that bleeds folks of their lifeblood and money.
A religion that controls the smallest aspects of their lives.
A religion that forces oneself to look upon themselves as no better than a menstrual rag.
A religion of fear, of guilt, of hopelessness.
A religion with no future.
Such is the religion of armstrongism. No matter what your gurus name is, if it stinks of armstrongism, it is because it a rotting corrupt corpse of an era long dead!
"The church kids reject a religion that embraces raciest views."
I know some church kids who have the motto, "The racier the views, the better!" ;-)
Isn't it interesting how Norman Edwards seems to be telegraphing possible plans to embrace a new youth ministry at Spring Vale now that the Port Austin campus may be taken away by its mortgage holder for non-payment, and he hopes before the circuit court renders judgment against him for fraud charges in his acquisition of same.
Post a Comment